When it comes to finding the perfect area rug, Mal Elfman's has you covered
Let your imagination run wild. Let our experienced staff guide you through our giant inventory of wool, synthetic and silk rugs in every size, style, texture and color imaginable.
We offer you bound and ready to go room sized rugs in all the standard sizes: 5x8, 6x9, 7x10, 8x10 & 9x12 as well as custom area rugs and runners.
Do you have a specific style in mind? We can help you select from a full assortment of possibilities from traditional, country, classic, contemporary, fine hand crafted Asian or Persian rugs or novelty and children's designs.
Don't underestimate the value of an underlay. Not only will it absorb the impact of feet and noise, it will reduce wear and tear on the rug and make vacuuming easier.
Tips for selecting a rug for your home:
- Visualize the desired total look of the room. Do you want a room that's uncluttered and monotone or a room rich with colors or textures? If you start with a totally empty room, choose a rug, then paint or paper the walls in colors found in the rug.
- Remember, the rug has to fit the room - in more ways than one. Consider how the room is used, how much traffic the area gets and who will view it under what light. For high-traffic areas such as hallways and foyers, you may want a durable, patterned rug.
- Size up the size of the room and the area you want to cover. The most common area rug sizes are 4-by-6 and 6-by-9 feet. They work well under a coffee table. An 8-by-11-foot rug or larger can cover an entire room. Smaller area and scatter rugs can be ideal for adorning smaller spaces-a hearth, a bedside, and the area in front of a kitchen sink-with a splash of color and warmth.
- A rug with a bold, overall design can be the focal point of a room with a chair and sofa in solid or subdued patterns.
- Light colored rugs make a room look more spacious, and deeper colors lend coziness to a room.
- Don't be boxed in by the idea of getting a rectangular rug. A circular or octagonal-shaped floor covering can add flair.